Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta with garlic sauce. The Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce makes all of the flavors come together as a perfect symphony in your mouth! Shown here with our Oregano & Feta Stuffed Tomatoes which are a beautiful accompaniment! Serve with a simple rice pilaf.
For Chicken Breasts:
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cups baby spinach
8 ounces feta
1/2 cup creme fraiche*
For Lemon Garlic Sauce:
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon. minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare Chicken Breast:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Butterfly chicken breasts and gently pound with a tenderizer until they are flattened to about 1/2" thickness.
- Season on all sides with salt and pepper and set aside
Prepare the Filling:
- Coat a sauté pan with olive oil and warm over low heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the stove. Add feta and creme fraiche and mix until blended.
- Lay open the chicken breasts in a greased pan or casserole dish (with sides).
- Divide the filling between each breast, spooning onto one side, then folding the breast over the filling.
- Brush stuffed chicken breast with melted butter and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce:
- Bring ingredients to room temperature, then whisk together.
- You may drizzle this sauce on the chicken as it is served, or let your guests drizzle it on themselves!
- Store in refrigerator.
* To make your own creme fraiche, simply combine 1 part sour cream with 2 parts heavy cream!