Tomatoes stuffed with feta and oregano. Great as a side dish – simple and easy to make! These would be a lovely summer side to chicken or fish. Shown here with our Stuffed Chicken Breast with Garlic Sauce
8 Roma tomatoes
1 cup of feta cheese
1/2 red onion, (small to medium sized)
1½ teaspoon Greek oregano
1/2 teaspoon. salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220ºF.
- Using a very sharp, small knife, cut off the top of the tomatoes.
- Carefully cut and scoop out the tomato pulp and seeds; save the pulp in a medium bowl.
- Chop the red onion and microwave on high for 30 seconds in a small dish.
- Add the red onion, feta, egg, oregano, salt and pepper to the tomato pulp.
- Beat by hand with a fork until all ingredients are well blended
- Using a medium size spoon and spatula, scoop the mixture back into the tomato skins.
- Place tomatoes upright in a greased baking dish and replace their tops. If you have an oven safe dish with sides to help support the tomatoes, this will be helpful.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and serve!