Farm Education & Outreach
We look forward to the time when we can welcome visitors, volunteers, and a variety of programs back to the farm! Part of what makes all the work worthwhile for us is sharing this beautiful and peaceful place. In the past, and someday soon in the future again, we will:
- be open on Saturday mornings during spring and early summer so that people can come tour the farm, hold babies, ask us anything, and purchase cheese if they choose to!
- have a self-service, honor system cheese and yogurt fridge in the barn.
- host small school groups for special tours and activities.
- hold special visiting hours for residents of group homes for adults with disabilities.
- welcome volunteers of all ages, all year, who want to learn by helping and doing.
- partner with Vocational Rehabilitation to provide summer work experience to high school juniors and seniors.
- and so much more that we hope to offer in the future!
2021 Apprentice Opportunity
During the 2021 season, while we keep ourselves, our animals, and all of the products we produce as safe and sanitized as possible, we hope to find an on-farm apprentice/intern. We will provide on-farm housing in our 1956 camper, a stipend, great food (and all kinds of perks!) and LOTS of learning and experience being a goat & sheep dairy farmer and cheesemaker. The ideal candidate will be available from April 1st though November 6th.
This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied! Check back in early 2022 if you’re interested in next year’s opportunity!