This beautiful summer soup features tomatoes, leeks, corn, and basil. Make it silky smooth or slightly chunky – so easy – so good!
2 leeks, white part only, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
1 28-ounce can crushed Roma tomatoes with basil
(Or fresh tomatoes and basil, of course!)
2 ounces chèvre
2 tablespoons creme fraiche*
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Pinch of salt and white pepper
- Sauté leeks in olive oil at low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer leeks to a soup pot and add chicken stock, corn, and tomatoes.
- Simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or traditional blender to create the level of creaminess you desire. If you want a completely smooth and velvety soup, pour through a sieve after running the blender.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Spoon a dollop onto each bowl of soup and serve!
* To make your own creme fraiche, simply mix 1 part sour cream with 2 parts heavy cream!