Sautéed beet greens with garlic, lemon, and chèvre. A beautiful warm salad or starter.
2 bunches beet greens, stems and leaves
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 ounces plain chèvre
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop beet green leaves and stems into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium skillet, add 1/2-inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Add stems and greens to boiling water for about 5 minutes. Stems should still be slightly crunchy when done.
- Drain water from the greens.
- Return the greens to the pan. Add the extra virgin oil and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Toss the salad with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice.
- Plate, garnish with chèvre, and serve.