Bruschetta with mushrooms, chèvre, garlic, and thyme. One of our absolute favorites!! Creamy, with every flavor complimenting the next!
8 ounces of fresh mushrooms - any kind will work!
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
3 ounces chèvre
1 Tsp. Thyme - coarsely chopped fresh or dried
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1 freshly baked baguette
- Slice the baguette into 8 1/2-inch slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Place the bread slices in a frying pan or toast them in the oven at 400 degrees until lightly toasted/browned on both sides.
- If you want to do this in advance, you may toast/brown the bread on one side as described above, then cool. Place them in a ziplock bag until you’re ready to finish and serve to your guests.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Chop mushrooms into 1/4" pieces.
- Heat small sauté pan pan with oil on low-medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and turn the heat to low. Sauté until garlic is clear and mushrooms are slightly browned (around 7-10 min).
- Remove from heat and add chèvre, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix until mostly smooth.
- Place baguette slices onto a baking sheet.
- Spoon topping onto baguette slices, sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.