Make these gourmet burgers outside on the grill with fresh veggies from your garden or on the stovetop in winter as a decadent comfort food! There is simply nothing like local, fresh cheese and lamb when it comes to taste. The difference in flavor between domestic vs. imported lamb and mutton is amazing!
1 pound ground lamb
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
1/2 cup chopped green onions
3 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
2 tablespoon bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces plain chèvre or chèvre+ (save 1 ounce to top your burgers)
4 hamburger buns
- Mix all ingredients together with the exception of 1 ounce of the cheese for topping (and the buns!)
- Form four patties, using your thumb to make a little indent in the center of each patty.
- On the stovetop, heat pan with olive oil until hot, lower heat to medium-high, then place all burgers in the pan.
- Flip after 5 minutes, then cook to desired doneness – usually another 2-3 minutes on medium.
- Place each patty on a bun with a dollop of chèvre or feta, fresh whole basil leaves, and the toppings of your choice! Your favorite lettuce, red onion, pickled tomatoes and freshly sliced red tomatoes.