Bruschetta with chèvre, capers, and smoked salmon. A simple, tasty, and very pretty appetizer. Perfect for a celebration or brunch!
4 ounces smoked salmon
4 ounces plain chèvre
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 ounces sour cream
2 tablespoons capers
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 freshly baked baguette
Freshly ground black pepper
Optional Garnishes: Lemon wedge, cucumber slice, ribbons of red onion, pea or sunflower sprouts
- Slice the baguette into 8 1/2-inch slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread.
- Place the bread slices in a frying pan or toast them in the oven at 400 degrees until lightly toasted/browned on both sides.
- If you want to do this in advance, you may toast/brown the bread on one side as described above, then cool. Place them in a ziplock bag until you’re ready to finish and serve to your guests.
- Arrange the baguettes on a flat surface.
- Mix chèvre, sour cream, red onion, and capers together in a small bowl.
- Spoon and spread the chèvre mixture 1/8 – 1/4" thick on each slice.
- Fold a slice of smoked salmon on top of the chèvre mixture.
- Top with a hint of freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange on platter and serve.