Balsamic roasted beets with spinach and chèvre topped with balsamic chèvre dressing and candied pecans. Deceptively easy to make for such a spectacular farm-to-table meal! Serves 4.
2 bunches of beets (about 8 small beets)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons. balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Balsamic Chèvre Dressing:
3 tablespoons plain chèvre
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup whole pecans
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons brown sugar
For the Salad:
5 ounces baby spinach
4 ounces plain chèvre
- Add brown sugar to the water in a frying pan and heat until it is gently bubbling.
- Add pecans for 5 -7 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat place pecans on wax paper and let cool and dry for 15 min.
Beets & Dressing:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine all ingredients for the balsamic chèvre dressing and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and quarter beets and put in a baking pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 min.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and maple syrup together, then pour over to coat the beets. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Plating the Salad:
- Place chèvre in the center of a round serving dish.
- Surround the chèvre with the roasted beets and then the baby spinach leaves.
- Place the candied pecans on top of spinach leaves and drizzle with balsamic chèvre dressing or serve dressing on the side.